If you’re stuck for inspiration this New Year, we would suggest (of course!) that you get your teeth into a good business book. Sometimes learning from somebody else’s ideas can be just the thing to get you excited about your own again.
We’ve got some great recommendations on our site already, but if you’re struggling for motivation, here’s a selection of quotes from some of the most inspiring and challenging business books to get you started:
1.”When it comes to influencing the behaviour of others, it is often the smallest changes in approach that make the biggest differences.” – The Small BIG, Robert Cialdini.
2. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie
3.“Influencing behavior by reducing the effort required to perform an action is more effective than increasing someone’s desire to do it. Make your product so simple that users already know how to use it, and you’ve got a winner.” – Hooked, Nir Eyal
4. “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” – Steve Jobs, in Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography, Walter Isaacson
5. “The secret to being wrong isn’t to avoid being wrong! The secret is being willing to be wrong. The secret is realizing that wrong isn’t fatal.” – Linchpin, Seth Godin
6. “Great vision without great people is irrelevant” – Good to Great, Jim Collins
7. “People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe” – Start With Why, Simon Sinek
8. “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” – The 4-Hour Work Week, Timothy Ferriss
9. “If you focus on your competition, you will never deliver anything truly innovative” – How Google Works, Eric Schmidt
10. “Champions don’t do extraordinary things. They do ordinary things, but they do them without thinking, too fast for the other team to react. They follow the habits they’ve learned.” – The Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg